Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Present Continuous Tense

  1. We use the Present Continuous Tense to talk about activities happening now.
    Examples
       The kids are watching TV.
       I am sitting down, because I am tired.
       I am not learning German, because this is an English class.
       Who are you writing to?


  2. We can also use the Present Continuous Tense to talk about activities happening around now, and not necessarily this very moment.
    Examples
       Sally is studying really hard for her exams this week.
       I am reading a really interesting book now.
       How are you brushing up on your English for the trip?
       We aren't working hard these days.


  3. The Present Continuous Tense is also used to talk about activities happening in the near future, especially for planned future events.
    Examples
       I am seeing my dentist on Wednesday.
       Polly is coming for dinner tomorrow.
       Are you doing anything tonight?
       We aren't going on holiday next week.



    By, 
    Teacher Ruby :)


No comments:

Post a Comment